Sunday, December 5, 2010

Where do I sign up?

Today was the last day of the first annual (I hope!) Birmingham Winter Markt.  I would have to say it was a resounding success.  There were only a couple of snafus that I noticed -- electricity for some tents was limited to their lights, nothing extra for heaters, and the food at the German food tent went over so well they sold out Friday and Sunday.  There were over 10,000 visitors to the show.

Sales were as brisk as the weather.  This was better than all of my earlier 2010 shows combined.  I am very happy and it truly couldn't have come at a better time.

Here's my booth set up on Friday.  I moved things around on Saturday and Sunday to accommodate the changing weather and traffic patterns.


Notice the heater next to my chair, which has the heated throw on it???  Can you say cozy??!!

I had plenty of visitors over the show but I have to say a special 'thanks' to Kate for coming today and sitting with me for hours and then helping me dismantle all of my gear and load it into the car.  It sure helped me get out of there a lot faster than if I were on my own.  Even Kevin made an appearance today.  He's never been to one of my shows before, and I've done around 30 in the past eight years.

I have a lot of pictures to share with you from this weekend's festival.  The ice scupture shots were taken after the crowds left on Saturday.




Sorry for the blurry night-time shots. I know I made the right decision to do the Birmingham show over the Northville one.  Remember when I visited the show in Northville last month?  Not hard to see the difference in traffic flow at about the same time of night, both on a Saturday, too.

Here's one of my many satisfied customers:

Now, steady yourself for the next shot, don't want to scare you.  Kate snapped this picture of me giving Santa my wish list (a new job) and Santa trying to let me down gently.
I know, I know.  I take horrible pictures.  Much better behind the camera.

Santa was quite the dapper dresser.  He said Mrs. Claus is an excellent knitter:

And he had some snazzy boots on:

I've put away every that needs to be put away tonight, washed a load of clothes, had a yummy dinner from Zumba and I think I'm ready for bed.  It's been a busy weekend.  Hope you got to do something fun this weekend.

4 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

Congratulations on your success, Suzanne! I hope that this is the beginning of a run of good luck for you. (Fingers crossed for that new job!)

Tanya said...

I think that was the same Santa who was at the Berkley Parade of Lights. . .I remember looking at the mitts and wondering who knit them!
Glad you had such success!

kpultzdesign said...

This Santa rocked! He had a lovely beard and the mitts were awesome. And he was quite nice walking around talking the merchants after the show. Sorry about the photo, Suzanne, he kind of scared me at first and I was working fast! It was fun hanging out with you–glad you got to walk the show for a bit while I was there...

MichTKH said...

Looks like Santa terrified you!