Friday, December 3, 2010

Much Better Today

Today was a fabulous day at the Winter Markt in Birmingham.  If you live in the area, you HAVE to come tomorrow or Sunday.  I could not believe how crowded it was.  Sales were great.  They ran out of food at the German food tent.  I don't think I've ever been somewhere where so many people were speaking German.  Amazing ice sculptures, SANTA!!!!, and more.

No, I was not cold despite the high temp of only 31º F.  My two best friends of the day -- my Presto Dish Heater and the electric throw, both from Costco.  Gotta love that store.  I also wore my new pair of Smart Wool socks and my Patagonia long underwear bottoms.  Never needed my down jacket all day.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.  I'm heading to bed for now -- can't keep my eyes open!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had hoped to be there to cheer you on but have a horrendous cold. I will be thinking of you and hoping sales continue to be great!
~Joyce

harriet said...

Great to hear of the crowds. Hope this means you did a lot of sales. Will try to make it by today, but if I don't best of luck with your table today and tomorrow.

Suzanne said...

Joyce -- Sorry to hear about your cold. Get better soon!!