Friday, December 24, 2010

Yippee

In case you haven't looked lately, way down at the bottom of my blog is a running tally of the yards of yarn I've knit for 2010.  My target for the year was 20,000 yards, which I thought was lofty goal.  I'm happy to say I've surpassed the goal and there are still 7 days left in 2010.  I bet I'll easily knit a few hundred yards by then.

I was invited to my friend Sue's house for Christmas Eve snacks and drinks.  I cooked up some 'franks in a blanket' from Costco to take with me and while they were okay, I definitely prefer doing them from scratch using the Pillsbury Crescent Rolls instead.

I can finally show you the gifts I made for Sue (had to wait until tonight for the pics) -- a cabled hat with matching neck warmer and an Espresso Bracelet, all in her favorite shade of green from Malabrigo:


I also gave her a nice wood shawl pin because she wears so many shawls and a new needle/gauge checker accessory.  

I didn't get a chance to photograph it yet but Sue gave me a great Blessing Basket Project Market Bag.  It will be super for hauling around knitting projects that are too big for the basket she gave me last year for Christmas.  I also got a bottle of my favorite hand cream from Aveda -- a must have item in this cold weather.

It's getting late and I need to get to bed.  In the morning I have to bake two hams before heading over to Mom's for the family Christmas meal for 25 people!  I bought Maggie a bag of organic dog treats so she won't feel left out!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.  Peace and goodwill to you all!

6 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

Merry Christmas, Suzanne!!
XXO-

SusanQuilter said...

Love the hat, neckwarmer & coffee cup holder! That malabrigo yarn is soft & ymmu, not to mention a perfect shade of green! thanks & Merry Christmas!

SusanQuilter said...

Oops---YUMMY--that's why you should always preview first! haven't had my coffee yet...

Suzanne said...

Thank you Heather -- same to you!

Suzanne said...

Glad you liked your present Sue. I've used my hand cream twice already!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David