Wednesday, December 22, 2010

MMM, MMM Good

I made myself some soup today.  Not Campbell's, instead I made a pot of soup from scratch.  I used the fennel bulb from last week's Door to Door Organics box, and carrots and an onion from this week's box.  I followed this recipe, mostly, but I doubled the wine and cream (surprise!).  I roasted the carrots, fennel bulb, and onion in the oven using EVOO, sea salt, and sugar:

Then I used my immersion stick and blended up the veggies with chicken stock (didn't have the vegetable stock the recipe called for), added butter, wine and cream.  It was delicious!


3 comments:

janet said...

Looks yummy! There's nothing better than homemade soup:)

Suzanne said...

I agree! I'd never used fennel before -- I loved it. I'll have to use it more often!

harriet said...

Wow, that looks good. I may just have to try it myself. Glad to see you're enjoying your "vacation."