Friday, December 10, 2010

Busy, Busy

Do you ever have days where you can't figure out just how you managed to cram so much into a short time?  After work I stopped at O'Reilly's Auto Parts to get some new windshield wipers.  My back window wiper was shredding so I couldn't get it to clean the window properly.  The store had a BOGO special on Bosch blades so I snatched them up and had the employee install them for me.  He also checked out the battery and confirmed it needs to be replaced.  It will be a PITA job because the battery is housed under a bunch of other parts.  Sounds like a job for Belle Tire again.

From there I headed over to Costco to get some Prilosec.  I stopped at the cell phone kiosk and talked to Lauren about a smart phone.  I can't sync my ancient Palm up on my new desktop so since I'm losing my work computer, which does sync up, next week, I've got to come up with another option.  I think I've settled on one phone, researched it a bunch tonight, and might get it tomorrow.

While I didn't come home with a cell phone tonight I did manage to score some tasty wine, a Cornish hen, new bed for Maggie, milk, and some frozen franks in a blanket (not sure why they're not called pigs in a blanket, but whatever).  I was going to buy a shredder but I decided this will be Kevin's turn to buy one.  He's already destroyed the first two that I bought.  I'm not springing for another one.

This weekend will be a 'catch up' weekend.  Since I had the winter market last weekend I'm behind in household chores.  In addition I have banking to do for the quilt guild and a delivery of some yarn that a local gal purchased from my Ravelry stash.  The weather will turn nasty late tomorrow and if the weather pattern holds out, we might get 2-4 inches of snow.  Good thing I have new wiper blades on the Montana!


Heather Woollove said...

Suzanne--After I burned up more shredders than I care to admit, I started to dispose of my 'sensitive' papers in a new way.
I stop up my kitchen sink (which has a mesh strainer in it, BTW), fill it with water, and put in the a splash of soap. After some time (minutes-hrs-whenever I go back into the kitchen), I quickly finger shred the papers...swirling them around, and then sort of wring and twist them into blobs of soggy paper pulp. I put them into my compost, but even if you put them in the garbage can, I defy anyone to get any useful information off of them after this procedure! :)

Suzanne said...

What a great idea Heather -- and a cheaper one too!