Friday, August 20, 2010

On the road again

I'm heading for the West Coast tomorrow morning.  The west coast of Michigan, that is.  My friend Sue and I are making our way to Allegan for the Michigan Fiber Festival.  We're expecting to inhale a whole lot of fiber fumes while we're there, and maybe some odoriferous fiber producing animals, too.

From there we'll head further west to Holland.  No, not in the Netherlands, which is actually to the east.  Holland, Michigan is known for it's Dutch culture and has a fabulous Tulip Festival in the Spring.  I've never been to that area of the state so I'm really looking forward to our visit.  We'll be right on Lake Michigan so I'm hoping to get a good photo of the sun setting while I'm there.

We are planning to visit the Dale Chihuly exhibit at the Fred Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids on Sunday.  If we can find our way, we'll also try to see my brother in law Mike's photo exhibit at the River House Condominiums, where there are 13 40"x60" photos from all over the world.

It's hard to believe that our summer is coming to a close soon.  I still have 23 vacation days left -- wow!  I only have a few days scheduled in October so I better find a way to burn a few days before the end of the year.

I won't be posting until Sunday evening at the earliest, but I'm planning on another giveaway to mark my 25,000th visitor, which should be coming up soon.  Keep checking back to see what fabulous prize I come up with this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I required some info and was searching on Bing for it. I visited each of the first 10 pages that came up but didn’t get any relevant result... I then luckily found your diamond message board in the dirt and thought to check it out. This is what I was looking for

Cheers peeps at lovemyfiber.blogspot.com and keep this great effort up.

[color=#7f0073][URL=http://www.iron-science.co.uk/]bodybuilding supplements[/URL] [URL=http://www.iron-science.co.uk/]Sports Nutrition[/URL] [URL=http://www.iron-science.co.uk/]Sports Supplements[/URL] [URL=http://www.iron-science.co.uk/]bodybuilding[/URL] [/color]