Sunday, August 1, 2010

More Caps for Sale

I just loved that old book 'Caps for Sale'.  I must have read it a gazillion times.  No lie.

Remember the Pansy Yarn I bought at last weekend's Charlevoix Fiber Festival?

I managed to get two hats out of the 260 yard skein:
This first hat was made using the Ann Norling Spiral Ribbed Hat pattern.  I wasn't sure if it the pattern was a good choice, given the color changes in the skein so I made the second hat using a 3x1 rib pattern:

Which pattern do you like best??

Here's another shot of the 3x1 ribbed version, hanging on my mailbox hook:

While I was at my sister Denise's last weekend I worked on another hat using Cascade 220 and a mohair yarn, held together, in the 3x1 rib pattern.  See my nimble hands at work:


It's kind of hard to take a picture of your own hands -- have you ever tried?  I had to set the timer and hope for the best.  I couldn't finish the hat at Denise's because I had forgotten to bring size 7 double points to finish the crown.  Here's the finished hat:


I now have 48 hats completed this year -- phew!!  I think I'll make a couple more to get to 50 and then switch over to felted hats and bags for my shows.  Never any down time around here!

1 comment:

SusanQuilter said...

It's amazing how different the same yarn looks in two hat patterns. That's a lot of hats!!