Monday, August 30, 2010

It's Not Personal, It's Business

Our vice president has offered to meet with each of us on my team to tell us individually when our last day with the company will be.  She's set aside 5 minutes to do this for each of us.  I don't have any interest in sitting down with her.  I would just dissolve into a blithering idiot and in the end, she would just be telling me my last day will either be 12/15/10 or 12/30/10 and it really doesn't make much difference, does it?  I can't seem to find my big girl pants right now and it's so hard to get through each day in the office.  If I don't have to discuss it, then I manage to get to the end of the day without a red nose and dried out contact lenses.

This whole thing reminds me of the line from the movie, 'You've Got Mail', only it's not a pretend children's book store but my job with a company that I've worked for for the last 26 years of my life.  Hard to start over, but it looks like that's where I'm heading.

I'm so grateful for my knitting.  It's the one thing that keeps my mind preoccupied and relaxes me when the stress gets to be too much.  I finished another bag today so that will give me four new bags to felt tomorrow plus the six felted hats that need one more cycle to be felted to my liking.  Thank God for sticks and string.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember what EZ says:

Knit on through any crisis, with confidence and hope.

I'm sorry life is so hard for you at this time :(

Kim W

harriet said...

We're here for you!

Anonymous said...

Take the 5 minutes. You've earned that time for a face-to-face with the VP. And then you'll know..no more guessing. Either before the holiday or after, and you'll know when to take your vacation days.