Sunday, August 15, 2010

Not Enough

Today I finished another felted hat, washed three knit hats and blocked them, before heading over to the funeral home to pay my respects to my friend Eddie, whose father in law passed away on Tuesday.  Since the 1 year anniversary of my own Dad's death was just Wednesday, this was even more difficult than usual.  Just like weddings I attend, I cry miserably at funerals.  It's one of those 'adult' things you have to do but I don't think it will ever come easily for me.

I spent 2 1/2 hours at the laundromat tonight and it still wasn't enough time to felt the 6 hats I put in their washing machine.  One hat was pretty much felted but the other five were not.  So....at 11:00 PM I put the five remaining hats in my washing machine, which is not good for felting but I'm stuck with it.  I think one of the problems tonight was that I didn't take any regular laundry soap, just my bottle of Synthrapol.  Not going to make that mistake again.  While I was waiting at the laundromat I did get some work done on a Button Hat using some hand spun yarn I bought at Spinner's Flock sale, probably several years ago.   I figure if I struggle to remember which show it was, it had to be at least four years ago.  I have pretty good recall when it comes to yarn purchases.  I know, I should spend my brain cells on something a little more significant, but I use them to store things that are important to me.

Well, I'm off to try and pry my dried on contacts off of my eyes so I can get to bed at a reasonable time.  Oh, and check the washer to see if any progress was made on those hats.

Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Tracy and I really appreciated that you were there.