Thursday, April 30, 2009

Loose ends

The great news of the day was my friend Kathy was released from the hospital following her latest return of symptoms. Sounds like she needed a medication adjustment and is now feeling better -- woohoo!

My Holly Tote body is done, now it's on to the straps and a pocket. I'll post a pic when those pieces are done. I finished knitting the bag at the dentist's office yesterday, waiting for my gums to numb up. I was supposed to have two fillings, one on top and the other on the bottom. The one on the top took so long to fill they had to put off the bottom tooth. I told the dentist I thought he was drilling his way to China and asked for another shot so he could finish without me wincing so much. Oh joy, numbed the bottom jaw for nothing and I was truly sore today.

I got a message today on Ravelry from a knitter from Colorado in dire need of a yarn I had posted in my stash. Knowing how desperate you can be when you're running out of yarn for a project I'm more than happy to lend a hand by selling her the giant hank of Wool Pak from New Zealand. It's so distressing when you think you can't finish a project because you've run out of yarn. Right Sue?

Now I had planned on using that yarn for a felted bag, but it's been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years so it's time for it to move on.

Lastly, I had talked a few posts ago about a couple of wines purchased from Costco. I can tell you that the Spanish red, Etim, rated 90-91 points by Robert Parker, Wine Spectator, is scored appropriately. It's outstanding at that price point, $10-ish. Very smooth, nice finish, great taste. The second wine, a Malbec from Mendoza Argentina, Maipe, is also a very good wine. I think it was scored at 90 points also, and for about $8 a bottle makes a great weekday wine.

And with that I'm off to fold clothes before climbing into bed for a good night's sleep, I hope.

1 comment:

SusanQuilter said...

You got that right, Suzanne! You are a good 'raveler' to help out a fellow knitter in need!!!