Thursday, November 18, 2010

Update

I've heard it said before and it's true -- looking for a job IS a job.  Maybe we don't use newspapers anymore but surfing the internet is exhausting.  I'm ready to hand my fate over to a head hunter.  There might be some benefit to posting my resume on sites like www.dice.com, too, since they deal specifically in tech jobs.  So far I've seen a few posts that look promising but I think it's kind of like gathering up your courage and taking the plunge.

I got my package at work yesterday and it was a hard swallow to open it and read through the separation packet and try to absorb what's ahead for me.

Life in Royal Oak has been a bit scary lately.  Last weekend there was a robbery-police chase-shooting only two streets over from me.  The other night 10 different businesses were broken into and robbed including the Chinese restaurant right near my house.  It really has me spooked and that's not easy to do.  I'm not used to crime like that.  I hope the police can put an end to it very soon.

I'll be glad when I can find a new job and start to put all the pieces of my life back together again.  In the mean time, I'm still selling yarn on Ravelry.com and building an emergency fund.  Woohoo!

No comments: