Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

I found a car.  All is right with the world.  At least I can get around again.  It's pretty sad when you don't have a car.  I felt so limited.

Last night when I got home from knit group, I spotted a 2004 Pontiac Montana on Craigslist with only 104K miles on it.  Taking a leap, I contacted the owner who lives about 35 miles away from me.  Her husband happens to be a Royal Oak firefighter so I knew that was a good sign.

After a series of emails and phone calls I took a half day at work and Kevin picked me up.  We met Susan at the Belle Tire where Holly & Kevin's friend Frank works.  His crew checked it out and took it for a spin and came back with a pretty good bill of health.  It needs the rotors turned and windshield replaced.  The struts and shocks as well as the motor mounts would need to be replaced/fixed in a few months so I told Frank to go ahead and fix it all since it will be there anyway.  I might have the transmission and radiator flushed, too.  

I paid the owner Susan the cash I could withdraw and a check for her bank and off she went, leaving me with this: 

Yes, it is pretty sweet.  I miss my adjustable pedals though -- I'm stretching my tootsies to hit the gas!

I'm off to read the manual......

4 comments:

Renee said...

Congrats Suzanne! She sure looks pretty. I know the limitations of not having your own car.
xoxoxo

harriet said...

Looks great! So glad to hear you found this.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a perfect vehicle for you, congrats on your purchase!

Kim W

Suzanne said...

Thanks ladies! It's not as spiffy as the T&C but it will have to do in my new economic state. Best of all, no car payment!