Friday, November 5, 2010

Finally Friday

Another week is done at work.  Another co-worker had his last day today.  Now my team is down to 4.  We used to be 16.  Yep, sad.

I feel so much better today than I did a week ago about my situation.  At least I have the car problem sorted out and it looks (fingers crossed) like I've found a good vehicle.  Even if I can't reach the pedals.  Maybe a little wedge cushion behind the small of my back will be enough to reach the pedals without having my chest too close to the steering wheel.  Apparently car company engineers don't design their products with 4'10" women in mind.

There's a job posting for another office that I might consider applying for.  It's mortgage work and while I've never done that kind of work before, I've had mortgages for 17 years so maybe I can give it a go.

It's been really chilly around here the past few days.  I don't know what happened to Fall but I sure hope it makes another appearance before we get measurable snow!

I'm off to Belle Tire first thing in the morning to get my windshield wiper do-hickey fixed and I guess I better buy a new snow brush before I need one and don't have one.  I'll be taking my knitting with me and should be able to finish the hat I started there yesterday.  Then I have a laundry list of things to get done this weekend to prepare for my upcoming shows.  More yarn is going up for sale on Ravelry and EBay tomorrow too -- stay tuned for more Noro, Manos, Cascade 220, Mountain Colors........

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

SusanQuilter said...

Mike suggests visiting an 80's re-sale shop & getting some platform shoes to wear while driving!!

kpultzdesign said...

try an extender kit! http://www.planetmobility.com/store/driving-aids/creative-controls/pedal-extenders/index.html

Suzanne said...

Both excellent suggestions but I think I might go with yours Kate.