Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fussing for nothing

Yesterday I was fussing and fretting about a payroll export file that just wouldn't get picked up on the FTP site (sorry if I'm losing you here -- hang on, I promise).  I was having a meltdown.  Nearly in tears when I called someone for help. I kept thinking it was something I had done wrong.  Maybe I messed up the layout, didn't use the right naming convention, or some other stupid mistake.

NOT!  It wasn't me at all.  I tossed and turned last night for nothing.  Apparently the problem was on the tech side, not me.  When I got in to the office today I had a total of 21 fail messages before the file finally got picked up, nearly 12 hours after I had placed it on the FTP site.

There was some vindication involved here but never an explanation from the tech people so I may never know what was the cause of my consternation.

All's well that ends well....

2 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

Suzanne...you just need to drink more of that Spanish wine!! Giggle.

Suzanne said...

Excellent suggestion Heather!