Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Where was my camera?

It was a priceless moment.  While standing on the sidewalk waiting for the bus this rainy morning I got nailed by two passing cars.  Splashed from head to toe, not once but twice.  I was soaked to the bone.  What to do?  Go home and change and miss the bus for sure?  Wait it out and hope I'll dry out eventually?

What do you think I chose to do?  I went to work, drenched and chilled.  Not a good start, but it was only an indicator of how the day would progress.  You would think that things could only get better, but nooooooooo.  I spent nearly the entire day trying to get my hands around my new tasks.  Challenging would be an understatement.  I am used to knowing my job inside out and backwards but now I'm struggling to get all of my resources together to make my job easier.  I know that I'll get it together but remember, my job will be going away by the end of the year so it seems a bit odd to work really hard to learn something new only to pass the work off to another company.

Tomorrow will be a better day.  I know it.  One of the reasons I know it will be better is that it's our last quilt guild meeting of the year and all sorts of fun things will be happening.  I signed up to bring a dessert for our potluck so I'll have to pick up something after work.  I have to borrow a big raffle ticket drum thingy to put our raffle quilt tickets inside.  I've got all my treasurer's things ready to go and my camera battery is charged up.  There are sure to be some marvelous quilts on display tomorrow.  It's the big reveal of our Blue and White quilt challenge -- can't wait to see what everyone's been working on.  I had a quilt in mind, using my indigo fabrics purchased in 1994 -- yes I really do remember where I bought them too -- a little cabin on a country road north of Fort Wayne, Indiana -- but alas, it never happened.  Someday...........

It's late and I need to get to bed.  I really need to recharge my battery.

1 comment:

janet said...

Lol, we all have days like that when it seems we should have just stayed in bed! I hope today is much better for you:) Hope you share some quilt photo fun!