Thursday, June 24, 2010

Digging a Hole

Tonight I spent a couple of hours after work in my flower beds.  I had zipped over to Home Depot to get some potting soil for my tomato plant and wound up bringing home a few perennials to go in the beds.  Seems like I can always use a few more flowers.

My friend Eddie was kind enough to dig up some Hostas in his wonderful flower garden and gift them to me.  I found the perfect spots for them and I hope they will flourish.  I also planted some anemones after weeding out more Snow on the Mountain - bleh!  I was sweating like a pig out there tonight.  I'm not used to manual labor.

Now that I'm inside and cleaned up, I decided to finish another hat.  My fingers are pretty darn sore from the yard work.  Time for some ibuprofen and a good night's sleep.  If all goes well, I'll take some picture tomorrow of the new plants.  

1 comment:

SusanQuilter said...

But it is fun to dig around in the dirt sometimes!