Monday, June 7, 2010

On The Fritz

Yesterday I tried and tried to write a post.  Honest I did.  But Blogger had other ideas.  My guess is the worker bees were busy updating code behind the scenes and that's why every time I tried I got a 'Blogger Unavailable' error message.  So much for my plans.

So here's the post you should have gotten yesterday.  I am a knitting machine, cranking out hats like I've got a deadline or something.  Wait -- I do have a deadline of sorts -- Fall shows.  I finished knitting the second hat using the Jarbo yarn I bought Saturday after getting my hair cut ~~

I called this one Tutti Frutti because it reminded me of the gum I used to buy when I was a kid and would ride my bike up Gratiot Avenue to the party store (whoops -- don't tell Mom!).  Here's a view of the top of the hat, using the double D decrease again ~~

Never one to be idle, I cast on another hat using another skein I bought Saturday of Malabrigo Chunky Wool ~~

I had this much finished when I tried to post last night ~~



I finished the hat on my bus ride home from work tonight but don't have a photo to prove it.  My knitting friend Harriet will have to vouch for me.  I cast on another hat tonight with yet another skein of Jarbo and should finish it tomorrow evening so maybe, just maybe I'll show it to you then!

I am keeping a low profile, fearful that Niecy Nash will show up at my door, hearing I have the messiest house in America ~~

I know, I know -- how could this happen??!!  Chaos has taken hold of my craft room, once again.  It's disturbing, isn't it?  I've got to get a handle on it this week!  As I get closer to show time it only gets worse.  I knit a skein from this cube, then that cube, and what the heck should I do with all the scraps?  I'm constantly auditioning yarn for a project.  That's why it's so great to find new yarn that screams 'knit me first'.  Yes, I realize that's not a good reason.  I'm finishing up knitting the newest acquisitions -- kind of the FIFO LIFO (had it wrong the first time, must have been the Stella) rule from accounting, if you know what I mean.  OK, that's a stretch.  I realize that, too.

Have a great week!

7 comments:

Tanya said...

What's FIFO?

Suzanne said...

First In First Out, it's an inventory thing.

SusanQuilter said...

I still remember learning that in an accounting class at OCC! AND FIFO has a sister; LILO (last in-last out)! My studio also gets messy at times, although not quite as bad as that pic!! With your business, you could really use the 'LARGE" size studio & I hope you get it one day....

janet said...

Cute hat, you knit fast! And I love your yarn cubby!!!

Tanya said...

Hey, just a thought, are you labeling things as you finish? Might be a thought. . .

harriet said...

Yes, I will vouch that the Malabrigo hat is finished. And looking/feeling great also! The Tutti-Fruiti (or however it's spelled) hat is just so squishy. Love this yarn.

Heather Woollove said...

Suzanne--I love your yarn storage unit!! How deep are the shelves? Do you remember where you purchased it?
Also...don't forget your friends the 'non-knitting felters' when deciding on what to do with bits of leftover wool yarn. We Lurve that stuff for embellishment!! :)