Friday, June 18, 2010

Knitting and Biking

For the longest time I wanted to be able to purl using the Continental method when I knit.  I tried and tried but it was always awkward and my gauge was completely off.  But then, one day I was doing it and I've been doing it that way ever since.  It happened without warning -- I looked down and like magic, I was doing it.

Today I was thinking about it and I likened it to learning to ride a bike when the training wheels first come off.  Oh sure, I fell a time or two but I got the gravel washed out of my boo-boos and got right back on again.  Before I knew it I was whipping along on my bike, riding for miles and miles without the benefit of training wheels.

Like most things in life that you think you just cannot do, some day it will work for you.  And you'll smile because deep down, you knew you'd get it eventually.

2 comments:

SusanQuilter said...

Good for you!!!

janet said...

Good for you:)
That is a great video, thanks for the link! I am a lefty, but I do some things right-handed, so I have to adjust everything until it works for me. I think I can do this!