Saturday, June 26, 2010

Busy Saturday

Just like I said yesterday, I had plenty of errands to do today.  First I ran a couple of loads of laundry and while stuff was drying I tackled the quilt guild membership renewal checks.  After zipping over to Comerica Bank and depositing a boat load of money I decided to use up one of my Groupon certificates at Ewe-Nique Knits.  I bought 3 more skeins of the Wine Splash shade of Lamb's Pride Bulky to be used to make a felted bag.  I'll try to take a picture of the hat I finished earlier this week using that yarn.  I really like the variety of wine shades in it.  I also showed my hooked rug to the ladies in the shop -- they loved it! 

Next I was off to Right off the Sheep, again to show the rug to the gals there and pick up some yarn for a bag for myself!  Kevin had given me a gift certificate for my birthday and I finally decided I want to make the felted entrelac bag they've all been working on there.  I've worked on it most of the evening and even though I haven't made a lot of progress I'm enjoying it -- pictures in tomorrow's post.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm heading to Lansing to Rae's Yarn Boutique for a Nuno felting workshop with four friends.  I've been interested in learning this technique for a while and now that the workshop fee is only $25, including the supplies, I can't pass it up.  I'm taking my camera and hopefully I'll something to show you tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Heather Woollove said...

Ooooooh, Suzanne--So many felting projects coming up!! I can't wait to see your bags and your nuno work!! Exciting!
P.S. Did you see 'your' Ikea piece in my new studio? Thanks, again for the tip!! XXO-