Thursday, April 15, 2010

Still More Quilts

 I don't want to short-change the pieced quilts that we saw at the OCQG show so here they are:

The first one, Grace's Girls, was made by Della Carian's quilting group~~

Next up is a colorful beauty by Ruth McCormick of Rochester Hills ~~

This wonderful basket quilt was made by Erena Rieflin of Rochester Hills ~~

But back to some more fabulous applique quilts:

You just can't go wrong, IMHO, with a wool applique quilt and this one from Marlee Smearing of Rochester Hills hit a bulls eye~~


I love this one by Karen Fisher of Oxford ~~


Isn't that a yummy pineapple block??

Here's another fantastic applique quilt, made by Jan Jump, of Maryville, TN ~~

And here is the Lotus, by Darlene Garstecki of Hot Springs Village, AR (see yesterday's post for her other fabulous quilt) ~~

As you can see by the blue ribbon, this is a prize winner -- 'Superior Machine/Domestic Quilting' in this case. Outstanding!!

Here are the last quilts for tonight ~~

I love the quilt, made by Letty Martin of Lake Orion.  It's called Lucky Stars and was made for her son's wedding.  Positively gorgeous!

And the jacket next to the quilt ~~

was made by Nancy Partridge of Rochester Hills.  It's call Popped my Top and I think it's outstanding.  Love the colors!!

So that's it for my quilt photos.  Hope you weren't A. Overwhelmed, B. Bored.  I sure loved the show and I enjoy sharing the photos with you.

I'm off to Torch Lake tomorrow with my Chicken friends so I won't be posting for a while.  I should be home on Monday so look for an update then, as long as I'm not too pooped from all the fun we'll be having.

Hope you have a super weekend!!

1 comment:

SusanQuilter said...

There really were some GREAT quilts in that show! Loved Letty's, it is so striking with the white background & colorful applique.