Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Creative Juices

Today was another beautiful Spring day and with the sunshine came all sorts of ideas for my wool coat embellishments.  Flowers, birds, leaves, grass, even dragonflies.  I know it's a bit early for dragonflies but so many people like them that I think I need to put them on my coats.

I hit a couple of Value World stores after work in search of more coats.  Have you ever taken a road you don't usually take and then when you're stuck in traffic, remember WHY it is that you don't take that road????  Yep, that was me tonight.

I did find one new coat but it doesn't have a size tag so I'm guessing it's about a size 16.  I'll need to find someone who normally wears that size and have them try it on.  I took it straight to the cleaners for the usual $1.99 cleaning and will pick it back up tomorrow.

I think larger sized coats need larger scale embellishments than smaller sized coats.  Right?

Anyhow, I'm sketching designs tonight.  I think it's better to have a basic plan from which to needlefelt from and this will help with deciding on scale and color.  Love those colored pencils!

No comments: