Saturday, April 10, 2010

Guild Photos 2.0

There were so many wonderful quilts displayed at Thursday's meeting by guild member during Show n Tell.  I hope you enjoy seeing a few of them.

First up was Joyce's Minky quilt for her granddaughter's first birthday ~~

Feels great but not an easy fabric to work with according to Joyce.  Next is her Thimbleberries quilt made for her daughter ~~

This Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt was started by Diane several years ago.  Many of her friends contributed blocks (even me!) and she hand quilted it, mostly while she was up north at Torch Lake during the summers. 
Here are a couple of the blocks close up ~~

This quilt was made by one of our newer members and she talked about using the Cricut machine to cut many of the pieces ~~

Another great piece was crafted by a guild member who had taken a workshop at a quilting retreat ~~

Cathy made this beautiful quilt from fabrics she had purchased while in Paris one summer ~~

The next quilt was brought to the meeting by Patty.  Her neighbor had her come over to see this 'interesting old quilt' that he had in his possession.  It weighed about 20 pounds!  It was made around 1920 or so but the fabrics were older than that.  I wouldn't even want to count all of the prairie points in this one.  Here's one block from that quilt ~~
Isn't it amazing???!!!

I showed this Paper Doll Quilt in progress back on Mystery Quilt Day in February.  Ann was making it for her 3 1/2 year old granddaughter, who has declared that she needs more hats and shoes for her dolls ~~

Well that's it for this month's quilt guild meeting photos.  I told you there are a lot of talented women in our group.

Today five of the Chickens went to the Oakland County Quilt Guild show and I took a ton of pictures there, too.  That will have to wait for another day.

Tonight I got the sewing machine out and went to town.  I repaired an old black sweater that's been in the mending pile for years.  Yep, years.  I also made a quilt block that I'd been putting off, and made a new window curtain for my bathroom.  Phew.  No wonder I'm whipped.  Time for bed for me!

1 comment:

Kitty said...

You have some extremely talented people in your guild! Holy crap- those are some beautiful pieces of art!