Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hurry, hurry, hurry

It's nearly midnight so I've got to get a post done fast so I don't miss a day.

Tonight my quilt stitch group met at our friend Kathy's house.  I couldn't wait to go.  Not because I had finished a phenomenal quilt for show and tell.  Oh no, something much more exciting.  On Saturday I was going through some old Handwoven magazines that my friend Deb had given me to pass on to the gals who now have her mother's looms.  She thought there might be some articles of interest to me in them as well.

I should say so.  While flipping through the pages of a 1992 issue, I came across a credit union deposit envelope.  Yep, inside was $250!!!  I couldn't believe it.  I flipped a couple more pages and there -- three crisp $100 bills.  A total windfall of $550.  I couldn't imagine how she didn't miss the money.

I brought the loot to our meeting and waited patiently to give it back to Deb.  While she was very pleased at my findings she wasn't shocked in the least.  She said she often set money aside for holiday shopping.

Deb is considering buying a Juki quilting machine and now she has enough money to get one.  How nice is that!  She also rewarded me with $50 as a finder's fee.  Whoohoo!

No comments: