Monday, May 18, 2009

Planning....

...the honeymoon tonight. Holly booked the plane tickets for the flights to/from Alaska that I scouted for her. Today I've been searching for accommodations and activities that she and Mike would enjoy. They're both such outdoorsy people that I'm looking for fishing, rafting, hiking, etc., trips for them. I think they should pick up one of those self guided tour books so they can pick and choose what to do each day.

It looks like I've found a couple of great spots for them to stay. One is near Denali and the other is in the Kenai peninsula. Now I just need to run them by her. Both can be base camps from which to travel to other nearby spots. They're run by the Princess company, as in the cruise ships, and look very nice and are remarkably reasonable.

I love to plan vacations.....I only wish I could take them more often. One of my dream jobs would be a travel writer. I'd visit all sorts of fabulous places, snapping pictures, and writing about my adventures. Sounds so much more exciting than what I really do for a living.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

have them read Into the Wild, by John Krakauer before they leave. . .or I have it on CD/MP3--an interesting take on the Alaskan Wilderness, and WAY better than the movie. Just finished teaching a unit on the book. . .thought I'd hate it, but really? It's one of my favorites!

Suzanne said...

Great idea although I think Holly doesn't have much time to read. She's started her second grad class. Maybe the CD would work. I was hoping to see you at Panera tonight -- I brought the yarn for you to choose for Gloria. Next time....