Thursday, August 11, 2011

Miss you Dad


Two years have passed since my Dad died.  I miss him all the time.  Maybe not every day like I thought I would because life gets in the way sometimes.  Work, kids, house, friends and just life in general can distract me and cause me to forget even for a moment, just how much I miss him.  I miss talking sports with him, watching Wings or Tigers games together, treating him to his favorite foods (like chocolates), scratching his back, and just sharing my life with him.  Nothing in the world would make me happier than to have him back in my life again.  But I relish the thought that he left peacefully and without any drama.  I know he's cold in the ground but I still talk to him when I visit his grave, like I did today after work.  I reminisced about the times we spent together - ice skating at Mud Lake, swimming at Metro Beach, visiting Cedar Point, Bob-Lo, the Detroit Zoo, or just hanging out at our house.  I much prefer those memories to the ones of him in the hospital.  Love you Dad. XOXOXO

No comments: