Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Good Things

Today when I got home from work my Door to Door Organics box was waiting for me on my front porch.  I carried it inside and quickly opened it to see what goodies had arrived:





Doesn't that melon look like it's got a wig on?  Those carrots are soooo good.  I'm completely spoiled by the organic version.  They'll be in my lunch tomorrow.

At knit group tonight I took a boatload of yarn to disperse.  I had received large garbage bags full of yarn from a quilter friend and I needed to find a permanent home for it.  Every single skein went home with someone -- yaaaayyyy!  Afterwards I headed to the nearby Target to buy the Loreál eye makeup remover I love.  One thing led to another and before I knew it, I was on the hunt for a light bulb to go in this:

I've been searching for a floor lamp for my living room that would:

  1. work in the small space next to the wing chair
  2. include a glass shade -- is it me or is there just something incredibly wrong with a plastic shade?
  3. have a brushed silver finish
I found all of that in this lamp but the clincher in buying this particular lamp is this:

Yes indeedy, it's a remote control.  The last lamp became expendable when the stupid plastic knob broke and I needed to use pliers to turn it on and off.  Plus I couldn't find the crazy light bulbs it used anymore.  It's so nice to turn the new lamp on and get great illumination for the room.  I'm hiding the remote from my roommate -- they seem to disappear on his watch.

No comments: