Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bleh!

How is it that weeds always seem to flourish in a heatwave while grass and flowers just dry up?  It's been so hot I haven't even tried to keep up this summer.  Tonight it was cool enough, read 80ºF, to actually pull half a trash can full of weeds.  I had the lawn worked on in June and I can honestly say it was a big fat waste of money.

The only good product I've bought this summer has been Eco Smart Weed & Grass Killer .  It smells great and is safe for pets and children.  When I sprayed the weeds in the driveway and sidewalk cracks in the morning, the weeds were dead by mid afternoon.  No kidding!

I'm going back to the fertilizer I used to use and with any luck I might see a green lawn before the end of the season.  Provided we get more rain than heat, that is.

No comments: