Friday, August 5, 2011

Guess

After the week from Hell at work I have to say there was one thing I looked forward to every day.  Guess what it was?
  • Heading to my car at the end of the day?
  • Kicking off my shoes and relaxing?
  • Knitting a hat?
  • Crawling into bed?
Nope, nope, nope and nope.  It was the corn on the cob I had every day with my lunch.  I know -- what's so wonderful about corn?   Well on this 17 Day Diet I can't eat starchy vegetables after 2 PM and I L-O-V-E corn on the cob in the summertime.  I have a new patented (not really) way to cook it in the microwave.  I wet a paper towel, roll it around the corn, place it on a dry paper towel in the microwave and cook it for 2 minutes.  No more, no less.

I used to think I HAD to have butter on my corn but since I'm not supposed to use it on the diet, I've actually learned I enjoy the corn just as much without it.  I salt and pepper it and enjoy every single kernel.  Then I can go back to my duties at work and life is not so as bad.  

If only I could have my partner Youssouf back on my team again.  We worked really well together and my new partner - not so much.  Small sample -- after a 1 1/2 hour call and screen presentation where I had to correct every single bit of her work (I'm not being cocky, she really doesn't get it), she said 'OK Christine I think I have what I need for Offshore'.  Seriously - Christine???  I thought who the heck does she think she's been talking to for 90 minutes????  If she blanked on my name she only needed to look at her monitor since I was the only other person in our virtual meeting room.  Ugh.  When I told Youssouf what happened he said 'I don't even know how to respond to that'.  Welcome to my world.

No comments: