Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dad's Birthday

Today was a sad day for me.  It would have been my Dad's 85th birthday.  Instead of celebrating it with him I visited him at the cemetery for a few minutes this afternoon.  It was a cold, blustery day with winds exceeding 25 MPH and pretty much fit the mood.  The grave was covered with a beautiful grave blanket which was holding its own against the elements.  I paused to reflect on the last year and how someone could decline so quickly.  I recalled how in the end I was disappointed that he no longer remembered my name even while he was glad to see me.  I appreciate every visit I had with him.

The wicked weather kept me inside tonight so I made good use of my time by baking 8 dozen cookies for tomorrow.  I'm taking two plates with 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies to Right off the Sheep so they can be donated and then the other 4 dozen cookies are going to the quilt guild Holiday Bazaar.  I  hope the weather holds out for tomorrow night.  It sure seems like we often get lousy weather on guild nights, which cuts down on attendance.  We'll see.

I watched the final episode of Top Chef for this season and though I wanted Kevin to win, when he didn't, I was glad it was Michael Voltaggio not his brother Bryan (who had the most annoying nervous laugh).  Project Runway didn't go the way I wanted this year with Irina winning over Carol Hannah.  Now I'm back to watching Tabatha's Salon Takeover. That's about all the reality TV I can take.

No comments: