...and more. I've been knitting on the Possum scarf for the last couple of days as part of my Knitting Olympics. I have four skeins of Merino/Possum yarn that my sister Denise brought back for me from her trip to New Zealand. I had thought about making a little vest-y thing but decided I didn't have quite enough yardage. My thought process is to make as many items as I can from the four skeins -- roughly 700 yards worth. I should be able to get a scarf, hat, cowl, and maybe fingerless mittens out of the yarn. We'll see.
The pattern comes from the Yarn Harlot and is super simple. I needed that in order to work on the scarf while watching the events at the Olympics. Here's the progress so far ~~
The other day I wrote about the Teal Rose Hill hat that I had finished using Malabrigo worsted wool. It was bleeding onto my fingertips as I knit so I knew it would do the same when I washed it. Sometimes I'm pretty intuitive. I used a cap full of Synthrapol in the sink and look what happened ~~
It did bleed a bit in the sink but the color remained strong once it was rinsed and dry. The color in the picture is a bit off -- it's really quite teal still ~~
Back in December I blogged about the handbag that I made for our Chicken group Christmas bag exchange. Joyce was the recipient and kindly brought the bag with her to the quilt guild meeting on Thursday so I could take the photos I had forgotten to take.
You can see the brass feet I used on the bottom of the bag in the photo above. This was the first time I've made a bag using them. Not sure if they actually work. My theory is they're too short to do much good. Good thing I only bought two sets of them.
This is the back of the bag. I bought the wools as part of a bundle from the Mabelena Quilt Shop in Ortonville. I used these colors to pull the wool roving that I used to needlefelt the chicken on the front of the bag.
Almost forgot, Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. I hope you spent the day doing something you enjoy!