Sunday, February 14, 2010

New Background

In honor of the Vancouver Olympics I've changed out the blog background to a Fleur de Lis design.  Since I'm half French Canadian I decided it was appropriate.

After watching that horrific luge accident on Friday, I'm praying for a safe Olympics going forward.

It's always amazing to me how fast knitters can scramble and create designs from events on TV.  There are already patterns on Ravelry for the US, Swedish and Canadian teams' knit hats.  I'm sure before too long the fabulous US cabled sweater will be reverse engineered and a pattern available, too.  There's already a pattern for the center cable pattern.  If you want to see/buy the Ralph Lauren version for $425 try USA Olympic Sweater.  I think I'll wait for someone to completely draft out the pattern on Ravelry.

No comments: