Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Life goes on

Today I slept in a bit, nearly 8:30 am. I was glad to get caught up on my sleep and give my eyes a rest.

I checked the online obituaries for my Dad's notice. Guess what? They didn't spell his name correctly. Egad. Instead of Roger P DuCharme both the Detroit News and Detroit Free Press websites had Roger P Charme. Good Lord. I contacted both papers and got the websites corrected but whatever happened to proofreading?

I found a black dress for the funeral at Macy's along with what will hopefully be a pair of comfortable black shoes. I picked up a pair of $15 stockings for less than $6 -- woohoo. Next I headed over to Costco to buy up a ham. I wanted to make a pot of French Canadian pea soup and needed the ham bone. I figured I'd make the ham and take some slices, plus the soup, to Mom's so she'd have something if company stopped by or just for herself.

I got the car washed and ready for the next few days. It still has some bugs on it from the trip up to Charlevoix last month. Oh well.

Kevin's black suit was wrinkled and after discovering that the cleaners could not have it pressed in time, I took it over to Ewe-Nique Knits and Marilyn graciously let me use her steamer. Now the suit just needs a lint roller. Can't tell you how many times I've reminded Kevin to have his black suit ready for anything.

After sitting outside for weeks, I finally took care of the old paint cans that had been sitting on my patio table. Some dried out and some did not. I managed to splash paint on my jeans -- *&^%$ -- and they're in the washer as I type this post.

I think I'd heading to bed early tonight. Tomorrow will be a long day with visitation at the funeral home from 2-8 pm.

2 comments:

Lupie said...

I will be thinking of you today.

Suzanne said...

Thank you Lupie