Monday, July 6, 2009

Back to normal

Today was a busy day at work with several things going on at the same time. Too long to explain but basically we're sending Delphi employees back to GM. The new GM, not the old GM. Ugh.

After work I headed to the gym for the first time since Holly's wedding. Sometimes after missing several days I'm too winded to run but not today. The gym was busy with football players from the high school. There's one in particular I enjoy watching (not in that way, silly). He's a little peanut -- shorter than me and I challenged him that he wasn't old enough to use the equipment since you have to be at least 14. Well his birthday was 5-24-95 -- good gravy -- old enough. I bet by the time football season is here he will have bulked up a bit and maybe even grown taller. I'm hoping to go in the other direction (definitely not wanting to lose any height, though).

I stopped by Westborn Market for dinner and picked up their steak fajita ready-to-cook stuff. In addition, I picked up two hanging baskets that have now replaced the pansies I bought in early spring. I snipped off the hanging part of the basket and placed them in the terracotta pots out front. Pics tomorrow.

To prove that I do actually cook here's the steak fajita mix in the skillet ~~


I started a new felted bag last night while I was waiting to see Holly & Mike's plane take off from Anchorage. Pics of the bag coming tomorrow.

The kids had a great time, fished a bunch and came back with 60# of sockeye salmon, etc. Glad I didn't have to lug that cooler around. I can't wait to see the pictures of Holly in her hip waders in the Kenai River, casting her little heart out.

Since I was tossing and turning all night thinking about their flight, I'm heading to bed early tonight. Need that beauty sleep.................

No comments: