Sunday, July 3, 2011

So much for plans....

I worked all morning to clear out my bathroom and guess what?  The contractors did not show up.  I had called my Mom to ask if Maggie and I could spend the night and she said 'yes' of course.  So here are some 'before' pictures so you can appreciate the 'after' pictures, whenever that may be..


I had that bathtub refinished and it started looking bad almost instantly.  This time I'm replacing the whole tub.




Doesn't look so bad, right?  Well, here's how it looks after I removed most everything:

And here's the dreadful ceramic tiling, breaking up around the toilet: 


Ugh.  So darn ugly - it has to go.  

While watching the Tigers' game and getting more and more annoyed as time went by, I eventually got a call.  I didn't recognize the number so I waited for the voicemail.  It was a long, sad story from my contractor but in the end they said they'd be here tomorrow at 9 am instead.  Arrrrgggghhhhh!

Instead of sulking, I picked out some Berroco Ultra Alpaca yarn from my stash, wound it into center pull balls and starting knitting a hat.

After dinner, I decided to speed the bathroom project up a bit by taking out as much tile as possible.  Some came willingly and some, not so.  The rest is up to them tomorrow.  I sure hope they make some big progress since we lost today.  Now it's time for bed.  Busy day coming up tomorrow.

No comments: