Saturday, July 30, 2011

Charlevoix Fiber Festival

This weekend I've got a lot of cleaning and laundry to do.  So much dirt left behind by the bathroom makeover.  Ugh.

But last weekend was the Charlevoix Fiber Festival and it did not disappoint.  I think I've been going for about 5 years now.  I was on a mission to find some yellow wool for a commissioned felted purse I need to make, plus just the right button to go with the bag.  I think I found both.  While I was there I stopped to see several vendors I know:
Yarn Hollow owner Rita Petteys and her booth below 

Kris Miller of Spruce Ridge Studios:

Suzanne Higgs of Hooked on Felt:

And finally Deb McDermott of Stonehedge Fiber Mill:

It was a lot of fun seeing friends there.  I saw my Chicken friend Diane there and my knitting friend Kim, too.  I was very restrained in my purchases leaving with only 5 skeins of yarn and a bunch of buttons!  I can never resist a pretty button.

So now I'm off to do some more cleaning before heading over to the yarn shop to see the girls.  I don't think I've been in for a month!

No comments: