Sunday, May 29, 2011

Woven Scarves - So Far!

I've been loving making scarves with my rigid heddle loom.  I've got the warping process down to about 35 minutes which is far better than the 1 1/2 hours it took me when I did the first two scarves.  I finished number 9 today, using some Noro yarn my friend Judith gave me:

Here are the first 8 scarves I've woven so far:


I'm trying hard, really, to use up a lot of stash yarn.  Here are some of the yarns I'll be weaving with in the next few days:

Tomorrow is Memorial Day plus it's my daughter Holly's birthday.  So hard to believe she's turning 28!  I really don't know where the years went.  Time has really flown by.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - you will be ready for the fall shows!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

The scarves are just wonderful! I'd love to see a picture of your loom.
What are you planning with the scarves...gifting, selling? You've got quite an inventory building up there!
Courtney

Suzanne said...

Thanks Courtney -- I'm cranking out the scarves to sell at my Fall art fairs. Once I've stocked up on them, I'll start knitting hats and fingerless mittens. My sister always says, 'you need more merchandise' so that's what I'm doing!

Debra Lloyd said...

Love your new woven scarves. I have started spinning and am wondering what the heck to do with all this yarn! Was it hard to learn?

Suzanne said...

Thanks Debra. I don't think it's hard to learn, especially on a rigid heddle loom. I like my Emilia a lot! There are a few shops in the area that you can go to for lessons and supplies, so that might be a good place for you to start. You can usually try them out to see if they're for you.