Saturday, May 7, 2011

Paying it Forward

Two weeks ago my quilting friend Kristi showed me how to warp my rigid heddle loom and get started on my first project.  Today I did the same for my friend Kate.  I think she's well on her way to finishing her first woven scarf!

I also did the shopping for the silk chiffon fabrics that I'll need for my upcoming wet felting workshop with Nicola Brown.  I bought two sets of three different fabrics so I can hopefully meet with her approval.  They are fabrics that might be a bit too matchy-matchy but we'll see.  I like how they go together -- now I just have to get busy and select the merino wool rovings to use.  

Today was a beautiful day and I'm looking forward to an enjoyable Mother's Day tomorrow.  Brunch with Kevin, then Holly & Mike are coming down, followed by dinner with my Mom at her new favorite hangout -- Five Guys, where we'll have a Bacon Cheese Hot Dog.  Gourmet all the way!

Hope you're able to spend time with your Mom or honor her in some way if you can't.

No comments: