Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Whiz Bang Idea

Today at work I was thinking about ways to clean up my various fiber spaces at home.  I have things stored in my coat closet, my bedroom, my craft room, and my laundry room.  Hmmmm, what to do, what to do.  Then it hit me, like a bolt straight out of the sky.  Well, it wasn't quite that earth shattering but it did get me thinking and as I left the office I put everyone who was still there on notice -- I was going to go home and create.

And I did.

Close up of the pocket -- great place to hold your remote or cell phone ~~

It's actually a pillow made from a felted Pendleton wool shirt with a 16" down pillow form inside.  Ok, so I haven't actually reduced the clutter in my laundry room a lot.  And part of me wants to keep the remaining sleeves.  Afterall, they could be used for another project.  Oh, I hear you Joyce -- throw the scraps out!  I might just do that.  Tomorrow.  After I sleep on it.  The idea, not the pillow.

2 comments:

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

I don't want anyone to ever know how many jeans legs are sitting in my scrap pile. I know there are a thousand and one useful items I could be making, but alas, there they sit.

The sleeves could be used for draught stoppers. Or a hanging thingy to dispense plastic shopping bags. Or you could throw out the sleeves and I'll throw out a couple of legs.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I wouldn't throw out perfectly good wool sleeves. But if you need to throw, throw them my way! Very clever with the pillow, btw!
~Joyce