Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

I've been meaning to get my life insurance, etc., papers organized and today I came across this link at work:  MetLife Funeral Planning Guide.  (The button is on the right hand side:  'Funeral Planning')  At first I thought it was pretty morose, but after reading through it I think it's just what I need to get organized and have important information in one spot, just in case.  A couple of weeks ago I realized I hadn't updated all of my various life insurance policies with Holly's new last name and she was married last June! It was just something I hadn't thought about and while I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have any trouble getting her share, I wanted to reduce any potential complications.

The planning guide has a lot of useful information and is definitely worth the time it will take to fill in the blanks.  I'm not expecting to keel over anytime soon but you never know.  It's good to have everything spelled out.

I'm thinking that I'll put my yarn and fabric under the 'Property --Collections' category........

2 comments:

Kitty said...

The day my Dad told me what I needed to do in the event that he passed away was really hard. He wasn't sick, he just wanted me to be prepared. As hard as it was to talk about, I really appreciated that he was being considerate of my well being by preparing me.

Oh- on that day after we had our discussion I drove straight to the yarn shop for some retail therapy. Four skeins of Mad Tosh worsted. Yum!

Suzanne said...

I'm sure the hardest part is getting it in writing and making sure the right people know about it.

Nothing wrong with retail therapy. Cures what ails you!