Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wine and Wool Festival

After I visited the quilt show Saturday I continued on down I-94 to Jackson.  The Sandhill Crane Vineyards was hosting their second annual Wine & Wool Festival and my friend Tanya was vending there.  I'm not buying any fiber these days but that doesn't stop me from sampling and buying some wine!

The vineyard is such a pleasant setting for a little show and the weather couldn't have been better.  Tanya had whipped up a stash of her great bags and brought along her beaded stitch markers and handspun yarn, too.


 I stepped inside the tasting room and cafe and tried several of their wines.  I loved their glass light fixtures:

Isn't this the most perfect little spot to have a bite to eat and glass of wine??



I especially like this photo -- it looks more like a painting to me:

And I did buy a few bottles of wine, all white except for their Port in a Storm.  I am a sucker for great packaging and the port is very tasty, too.  And yes, the bottle IS slanted!

No comments: