Monday, April 18, 2011

Make yourself a cup of tea.....

......and put your feet up.  Tonight I gave myself the night off.  Except for a couple of loads of laundry, I just relaxed.  I poured myself a class of Chenin Blanc and watched three great PBS shows that I found by accident.  I discovered the 'Craft in America' series and watched episodes I, III, and IV.  I skipped II because it didn't interest me.  I hope you'll set aside time to view each of these shows -- there's a lot to learn and much to enjoy.  I especially enjoyed the piece with Sam Maloof, master furniture maker, who was still working at age 90 when this was filmed.  Sadly, he died nearly two years ago at the age of 93.

I did skip through the intros to each episode -- not fond of their version of the old Shaker hymn, 'Tis a Gift'.

I still need to view episode V, when I have another free hour.  Hope that is soon.

1 comment:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Sounds like a lovely evening! Thanks for the links to these programs.
Have a good day,
Courtney