Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Web Love

You've got to love the Internet.  When we were kids and our parents wanted to plan a trip, they dug out maps and contacted AAA for Triptiks, made lots of phone calls to book reservations, and spent oodles of time trying to put it all together.

My sister, her husband, and their two dogs are on their way to NYC to visit their youngest daughter, Erica.  I called Denise tonight to see how far they had gotten and helped them find a motel that was dog friendly.  If you ever travel with dogs you need to check out Bring Fido.com.  It's an outstanding way to weed out the hotels that don't accept dogs -- it tells you where you can stay, the size and number of dogs you can bring and the extra charges if any.  It will even help you find nearby dog-friendly parks to exercise your four legged friends.

Another great thing on the internet is Groupon.com, found in my web links on the left.  Tomorrow I'm taking the day off work.  I'm going to relax by using the massage coupon I purchased from Groupon a few months ago.  I'm hoping to finish another hat or two and get started on another felted bag.  It's supposed to rain so I figure that's a great way to spend the day.

1 comment:

harriet said...

Wow!. Tomorrow sounds like a great day to me. Enjoy.