Friday, September 3, 2010

No Control

My day at work didn't end until 6 PM so I took the last eastbound bus and arrived home at 7 PM.  I opened the fridge to discover the same nothingness that was there yesterday is still there today.  No problem.  I simply walked across the street and had breakfast for dinner at the Greek restaurant.  I chose a yummy sausage & cheese omelet/hashed browns/rye toast.  I sifted through the basket of jelly packets and settled on strawberry.  Jeopardy came on the TV and I knew I'd enjoy watching the celebrities try to out-do each other.  Everything was going great until --- someone changed the channel after the category was revealed for the final Jeopardy question.  What the #%@^????  Ok, I've gotta know -- who won -- Jane, Isaac, or CC??????  I did not have control of the clicker at the restaurant so I'm out in the dark.

Another thing I have no control over is the Arts, Beats, and Eats Festival being held in Royal Oak for the first time this year.  I hear a myriad of music from the 10 different stages set up a little over a 1/2 mile away from me. 3 more days to go..............

Don't get me wrong.  I know I'll take the bus over to the festival, listen to some music, eat some interesting food, and check out the artists, especially their tent set-ups.  I'm always looking to ways to improve the appearance of my booth.  Tomorrow it's going to be about 20º cooler than it has been so that might be the best day to wander on over there.

No comments: