I spent most of the day putzing in my craft room and knitting away on my second charity hat. There's a mock cable design in it that takes some concentration on my part to keep everything straight. Here's a shot of the progress so far ~~
You can't see it in this photo but the yarn actually has flecks of different colors in it. I think it will make a good neutral hat, one that would work for either a boy or a girl.
The hat I finished yesterday is probably meant for a girl ~~
I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to put some tassels on the 'ears' yet. Here's a close up of the ear shaping.
Both yarns are acrylic which is tough on my hands -- they get so dry and rough when I knit with that yarn. Yuck. Give me a good wool or alpaca any day of the week! I can't wait to get back to knitting on the Thai Vest.
I found my list from last year of projects to be finished. I got quite a few in done in 2009 but still have several to go, including the yellow throw that I haven't touched since I knit on it on the plane ride to/from Alaska three years ago! I'll never run out of things to keep me busy......