Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Interesting Find on YouTube

While searching for ArtFelt help on youtube.com today I came across a video from the TNNA show that is a little runway exhibit of several designs from different yarn makers.  I heard something familiar so I backed it up a couple of times.  Sandra Van Burkleo, who owns the Artisan Knitworks shop in Grosse Pointe Park which is only 20 miles away from me, was one of the designers.  She used Farmhouse Yarns for her Montreal Jacket.

Here's the video:  TNNA Fashion Show

It was interesting to see someone I've met show their designs at a major show.  I was actually studying the jacket that Karin Skacel designed using the ArtFelt technique.  I'm really intrigued by this product and looking forward to exploring different ways to use it.  Let me know if you've had a chance to create anything with it.

No comments: