Monday, March 25, 2013

The Cleaning Continues

This morning I was jolted into replacing my microwave oven when my roommate announced it was smoking, yet again.  I saw it with my own two eyes this time.  I decided, however, that I have replaced one too many microwaves and it was time for an alternate solution.  I jumped in my car and headed to Costco.  Where else?!

I found a KitchenAid convection countertop oven:

I handed over the existing toaster to my roommate for his future residence (whenever that may come), freed up some much needed counter top space, and the new oven takes up less room than the old microwave did in my former wall oven's space.

Now this new purchase led to more tidying in the kitchen, which was not on my agenda for the day.  My fabric re-org will have to wait for tomorrow.  I took care of the cabinets above and below my new appliance:



Today I got rid of chocolate molds from 1980 (used once), a quick pasta cooker (As Seen On TV, now seen at the Salvation Army), a broken slow cooker, several vases (I don't get flowers any more -- what am I storing these for?), and a host of other treasures.  Phew!  Feels so good to be rid of these items and organized.  You can see we even moved our vitamin stash from the counter top (hello -- not enough space, remember?) to the top drawer in my wall pantry.  Think I have enough wax paper??

I even got the cabinet over the refrigerator organized.  Once I tuck a few things away in my staples cabinet I will be done, done, diddley done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

~ nice..very nice indeed!..btw ewe will luv the oven..I have one too &luv it! ;-D

Suzanne said...

So far, I AM loving the oven Tracey!!