Thursday, March 28, 2013

More Cleaning??

Yesterday I tackled my cookbook collection in my entertainment center.  I did not take a before picture, darn, but I do have the after picture.  I eliminated over 30 books from my stash.  Some went to my roommate, some to the Salvation Army, and a couple of quilt guild books for the GLHQ free table next month.

When I was deciding whether or not to keep a book, I based my decision on a few things:
  • Have I used it to make anything in the last year, if ever?
  • Will I make anything out of it in the next 6 months?
  • Could someone else make better use of it?
  • Can I find the one recipe I did like on the Internet instead of storing the book?
I'm still trying to decide whether I really need to keep FIVE books from Martha Stewart.  Really??

The little 'house' on the left holds a whole lot of recipes from cookie exchanges, etc.  Below it is a journal with plenty of family recipes.  Below that is the recipe journal that will house all of the recipes ripped out of magazines, etc.  That's a project for another day!

Not sure if you can tell, but that shelf is bowed from the weight of all those crazy books.  Should have done this ages ago!

No comments: