Sunday, August 12, 2012

Yeah!!

I was able, after some considerable consternation, to update my blog banner -- phew!  This is only the second time I've done it and each time it's like birthing a baby!  I should make an effort to update seasonally and perhaps I will do that so I don't get so rusty.

I'm off to take a photography workshop this afternoon.  I've never taken a workshop like this before so I'm not entirely sure how it will go.  I'm hoping to get some lessons on making the most of my camera and improving the pictures I take.  I happen to think I'm doing a pretty good job and getting better all the time.  It's definitely a hobby that I enjoy but I'm not trying to become the next Ansel Adams.  My brother in law, Mike, has tried to give me tips from time to time but honestly, I've been overwhelmed and not really able to absorb what he says.  For some reason I just couldn't grasp it -- not that he didn't explain it in a good way -- more like I wasn't ready to learn it.  Kind of like the teacher in Charlie Brown movies -- waa waa waa, waa waa.

But now I'm ready so I hope this instructor is good.  I'm a little worried because he's fresh out of college -- I'm not sure how much teaching experience he has had and there's a big difference between knowing your craft and being able to teach effectively.  I'll let you know how it goes!

In the mean time, if you need to relax a bit, please take the time to visit Mike's website.  Not only are the photographs beautiful but there's soothing music playing in the background.

No comments: