Monday, August 27, 2012

So Many Quilts.....

....so sew little time!  It was challenging to see all the quilts at the AQS show on Saturday and I will admit that I did not see them all.  Here are some of my favorites.  I was hindered in my photo taking because I foolishly forgot to put my SD card back into my camera after downloading some pictures on Friday night -- argggghhhh!

The first two quilts were part of the Gwen Marston exhibit, though they were created by people who attended her retreat.


The next quilt was part of an exhibit of Japanese made quilts.  This one was amazing to me in part because the maker used blue silk fabric from her grandmother - see the sign below it for her story.


This next quilt was simply stunning -- the detail had to be seen in person to be appreciated!



Cathy McIntee's Extreme I-Spy Silhouettes quilt is so much fun to look at:

I love this beautiful green, red, and white quilt -- wonderful quilting on it:

Doesn't this terrific quilt remind you of a wool rug??

Two more quilts that I thought were spectacular:


And finally, the quilt that won Best of Show.  I liked it a lot but I saw a couple of others that could have won as well.  Beauty is in the eye of the judges!

No comments: