Monday, May 7, 2012

Long Weekends

I love long weekends.  If I was the queen of the world we would all have long weekends and only work 4 days a week.  That would be heavenly.  I wouldn't want to work four 10 hour days, just four 8 hour days!  Long weekends are so nice to get something done for a change.

I went to two quilt shows, weeded my front flower beds, sewed a wool bag, which I can't show you because I think I'm entering it in the Wool challenge for my quilt guild in June.  Tonight I made up a huge batch of laundry soap using Ivory soap, 20 Mule Team Borax, and Arm & Hammer Laundry Boost.  I used the concoction tonight to wash a load of towels and so far I'm very pleased with the result.  Plus, it costs about 5¢ per load -- can't hardly beat that!

I also sewed some of the scraps from Erica's wedding quilt.  I bought a tiny 1 1/2" square up ruler

 and used it Saturday for these blocks:



Ordinarily I would have thrown out the cutoffs from the blocks but this time I decided I needed to do something with them.  They could be incorporated into the quilt or they could be their own mini-quilt, just a bunch of 1" finished squares.  Hmmmmm.......

And this was what was leftover after the trimming:

And now I'm off to bed -- I need a good night's sleep before I head back to work in the morning.  Back to the grind....

No comments: